We can see the screen of our Smartphone at least once. It is easy to do! Just keeping the phone in your pocket can scratch it, especially if there is grit or sand. The manufacturers have developed some very strong glass – gorilla glass is in common use these days – yet it is still possible to scratch your screen. Lets check out which one s best for you Tempered glass vs Plastic screen protector.
That is why a screen protector is an essential screen protectors – you can choose two different materials when it comes to glass or plastic – but which is the best and what is the difference? That’s what we’re talking about below, so let’s not hang around!
Do you really need a screen protector?
In a word, yes. we’ll probably. This display is the most delicate and sensitive part of your phone, so protecting it should be a top priority. You might think you’re going to be careful, but the truth is that most of us lock our phones in a pocket or bag at some point, and get scratched.
And if you should leave your phone, that screen may still be cracked, but it has not been implemented with a protector, meaning you can just change the screen instead of the entire phone.
We will be honest and say that the situation has got better. With the advent of Gorilla Glass Display, phone screens are tougher than before and there are a lot of rugged devices that now offer even more security. But even a top end gorilla glass screen can still be scratched.
And let’s be real here for a second: You’ve just dropped hundreds of pounds on one phone, are you really willing to damage it to spend a few pounds on a screen protector?
What is Betters Glass Vs. Plastic screen protector?
Each of the different types has its advantages and disadvantages, so we have tried our best to divide the difference between the glass versus plastic screen protector options into five different classes. They are as follows:
COST: Plastic is normally cheaper
The first difference between the two is the price.
Plastic screen protector is the cheaper of the two. However, it is worth noting that there will be a price difference according to the quality of the materials used with both options. For example, glass screen protectors can be purchased with oleophobic coating, which helps reduce fingerprints on screen protectors, and is a popular option.
However, we will say that the difference between glass and plastic screen protectors is not very good – we are talking a few dollars – which goes in favor of the glass option.
Durability: made of glass anchor
There is a big difference in the length of life you will get from a glass protector as opposed to plastic. Keep in mind that the former uses tempered glass, and will be about 0.3 to 0.5 mm in thickness. The best plastic screen protector will be about 0.1 mm thick. It is also very easy to nail plastic fingers or pressurize your pocket, as you may have found out! If you want a screen protector that lasts a distance, then glass is the way to go.
Also check best led strip light bedroom.
Utility: Glass painted more naturally
By this, we mean the feeling of the screen – with the protector – when you move your finger over it. It will always feel different, with both plastic and glass screen protectors, but it follows that a glass version will naturally feel more similar to an actual screen than plastic.
Simply put, your finger will move more easily on a glass screen protector, which is why they are somewhat more popular. With a plastic screen protector, you will feel the difference more, and it annoys some users.
Looks: Plastic is thinner
This is an area in which plastic screen protectors get a lot of fans. Because it is much thinner than glass, it makes little difference what the phone looks like. Depending on the mobile model, the best glass screen protectors are actually quite visible.
Also, with some phones – and this applies to many iPhones and other models – the 0.5mm thick screen protector will make it difficult to press the buttons on your screen to reduce response time. This is not a big difference, but for some people, it is an irritation.
Application: Glass is easy
The final main difference between a glass vs. plastic screen protector is this: When you buy your protector, you have to put it on your screen. Thin plastic screen protectors are more difficult than a tempered glass screen protector. Some users may have difficulty removing all air bubbles and this may be sufficient reason to select a glass protector.
Glass versions come with two different types of application. Some have full-screen adhesive and others are applied to the bezel and are always easy to fit. Tempered glass vs Plastic screen protector.
Lets discuss some pros and cons of tempered glass vs plastic screen protector.
Plastic screen protector
Broken or broken touch screens are very commonly seen these days instead of an intact one. Plastic screen protectors are universally found in the market. Like a coin, they have both pros and cons. Let’s analyze them.
- Plastic screen guards are very flexible in making them last longer. Experiments have shown that even hammering or dropping it from a height on rocks does not affect plastic screen protectors. Tempered glass vs Plastic screen protector.
- Another supporter associated with plastic screen protectors is that they are reusable. At any point, you can close them, store it and use it again later. This feature ensures their long-term use. If you need to put in a waterproof case, you can remove the plastic and add another one.
- There are many downsides that come with plastic screen guards. These protectors lose their clarity over time, being made of plastic material. This often causes hazards and looks repulsive while one uses them.
- You can easily spot scratches if they are on a plastic screen protector. The markings on them are usually clearly visible.
- It is relatively thin compared to the glass tempered screen protector. The thicker the screen guard, the harder it is and thus confirms our screen resistance against damage.
- These are not fingerprint resistant and leave them on your screen after using your smartphone. It will not look so pleasant. You will often have to erase them from your screen after use.
- Plastic screen guards fail to deliver full-coverage, which makes it less scratch resistant than the tempered glass option.
- If you have been ignoring small scratches for a long time, they cause large cracks in the case of plastic screen protectors.
- These security personnel do not cover the curved edges, making them prone to damage.
- Tracking your fingers and navigating the plastic screen protector may not seem as easy when you are using a tempered glass screen protector. Tempered glass vs Plastic screen protector.
Tempered Glass Screen Protector
In a row, these are all things that are not plastic. They are exactly the opposite of what we mentioned above. They are the more traditional choice for those who want to cover their phone screens without damaging the edges.
Tempered glass screen protectors are made by heating the glass extensively and then cooling quickly. As the glass both end up extremely hot and then rapidly cooled, they end up being incredibly strong.
Tempered glass screen protectors have multiple layers, including an oleophobic nano coating, anti-shatter film, and an penetrating silicon coating above the tempered glass. These compressed layers combine the heat and scratch resistivity of tempered glass, which is five times stronger than that of normal glass. Tempered glass vs Plastic screen protector.
- They can be an expensive option compared to plastic, but it protects your device better. Tempered glass screen guards are much stronger and stronger in nature than the former.
- Tempered glass is made of oil and scratch resistant gorilla glass.
- This enhances your usability experience as your fingers split more easily on these screen guards.
- They prevent excessive fingerprints and oily odor.
- You might not even see that they are at the top of your mobile screen. This makes your phone attractive without compromising the look of your smartphone. They provide you with as much clarity as your smartphone has on its screen without a screen protector.
- Cleaning on the surface of tempered glass becomes very easy as it is very smooth.
- If your tempered glass breaks, it breaks into small, blunt channels and does not compromise the security provided on your phone screen.
- Tempered glass screen protectors are sleek, providing you with maximum image clarity and have ultimate touchscreen sensitivity. Tempered glass vs Plastic screen protector.
- You need to be very cautious when using glass tempered screen guards, they are done as soon as you crack it.
- Since it is a glass, chances are you can cut yourself after a bad chip. You should not reuse a broken tempered glass screen protector unlike plastic.
- Tempered glass screen guards do not provide as much impact protection as promised by plastic screen guards. The hammer experiments we mentioned above are not mean to run on these tempered glass screens.
Additional features to watch before selecting tempered glass vs plastic screen protector
Along with your initial concerns, you should also keep an eye on some additional things that may affect your purchase decision:
Olophobic Coating: Some glass protectors come with an oleophobic coating that helps remove oil from your fingers. This can help keep your screen clean and prevent smudges. It is not necessary, but it can be good.
Tempered Glass: Make sure that any glass protector you are considering is temper-ed glass, not just glass. Tempered glass is shatter-ed, regular glass is not! Tempered glass vs Plastic screen protector.
Size: Finally, watch out for size. Trimming a protector for size is not appropriate and not recommend-ed, and in the case of tempered glass, this is not possible. You want a good fit, so make sure that the protector you choose is designed for your phone model.
There may be other factors affecting your decision, but from above, it is clear that in general, a glass screen protector is going to be the best option. They are easy to put on the phone, are good to use and provide more security.
We recommend that the Glass Screen Protector go the route, and in SaharaCase we have a wide range of Glass Screen Protectors to fit most phones.
For all the information you need to know about screen protectors, see our phone screen protectors for quality examples at affordable prices.
This is all about Tempered glass vs Plastic screen protector . hope you like it . Thank you.