There are a few things to keep in mind before giving your kids an iPhone or iPad. For example, your children may misuse their iOS device and access inappropriate websites behind your back. So, you should block websites on the iPhone beforehand. Thankfully, there are many ways to block certain websites on the iPhone. You can also use its basic features or any third party tools. In this blog we will teach you how to block sites on iPhone in 5 different ways. So here is how to restrict websites on iphone.
5 ways how to restrict websites on iphone.
We tried things easier for you, we have come up with 5 different ways to block websites on iPhone and iPad.
Solution 1. FamiSafe iOS parental control
FamiSafe is an advanced parental control and monitoring tool that can help you track your child’s smartphone activity. You can also ban the device. If the target device is an Android, you can also schedule restrictions and remotely block any app. However, you must access it in advance. If you are using FamiSafe on an iOS device, you can monitor usage without accessing the device even once. Also, you do not need to jailbreak the device or undergo any unwanted process.Just follow the steps. For how to restrict websites on iphone.
1. To get started, go to the App Store or Google Play to download and install FamiSafe on both parents’ and child’s cell phones.
2. Register a FamiSafe account within the app. You can register on either with your phone or your child’s phone. The same account applies to both devices.
3. Make some settings on the phone of both children and parents.
4. Connect and monitor the child’s phone from the parent’s phone using Famisafe. This FamiSafe app is one of the most reliable parental control app for location tracking, app blocking, web filtering, screen time control and more. Now you can start your control!
5. Now, you can remotely access the dashboard of FamiSafe from any computer or smartphone. From the control panel, you can access all its features. For example, you can also get detailed information about the browsing history of the device. Lastly, you can block their access to any website from here.
Solution 2: Enabling Restrictions on iPhone / iPad
- If you do not want to use a third-party app to block certain websites on the iPhone or iPad, you can use its native feature. To add restrictions on iPhone, follow these steps:
- First Unlock the iOS device and go to its Settings> General> Restrictions.
- Tap “Enable Restrictions” to protect restricted content and set a 4-digit PIN.
- Under restrictions, you can find various options. Tap “Website” to block websites on the iPhone or iPad.
- From here, you can limit any content (such as limit adult) to automatically block certain websites (adults) from your iOS device.
- Also, you can manually add the websites you want to block. Under the “Never Allow” section, you can add website URLs to block.
In this way, you can block certain websites from iOS devices and also use the automatic block feature. In how to restrict websites on iphone.
Solution 3: Refrain
If you are looking for a simple, free and easy-to-use solution to block websites on the iPhone, then you should avoid. It is a third party iOS app that can easily block the given website URL from the phone. However, it comes with a catch. Even when you block certain websites on an iOS device using Refrain, your children can uninstall the app and pass restrictions. However, if you are able to keep track of them, then you should definitely use this app to block sites on the iPhone. In how to restrict websites on iphone.
- Unlock the device and go to the App Store to download the refrain. It is compatible with all devices running iOS 10.0 and later versions.
- Once the app is installed, launch it. Tap on the “Distracting Site List” option.
- Here, you can simply add the websites you want to block. To block sites on the iPhone, just save your changes.
- If you want to set a blocking schedule, you can go to the “Extras” option. However, you will have to pay $ 0.99 to access the additional features.
Solution 4: Site Blocker
This third-party iOS app definitely lives up to its name. You can simply include the websites you want to block with this user friendly app. When you block certain websites on the app, the user will not be able to access them on Safari. However, like Bachna, your children can remove the restriction by uninstalling the tap. However, you can block websites on iPhone using Site Blocker in no time. In how to restrict websites on iphone.
- First of all go to App Store and download Site Blocker in your device. Available free of charge, it is compatible with all iOS devices running on iOS 10.3 and later versions.
- Now, all you have to do is provide the website URLs you want to block and add them to the block list.
- You can go to its settings to access its advanced features. For example, you can set a schedule or timer to block a website..
Solution 5: Block websites from router / network settings
If nothing else works, you can also block some websites from network or router settings. However, the restriction will only work if the device is connected to a WiFi network. They can still access blocked websites using mobile data. Also, websites will be blocked on all devices connected to the network.
Nevertheless, this is a free solution to block sites on iPhones. From Netgear to Cisco and D-Link to TP-Link, each router provides an intuitive way to block certain websites. You can simply go to the router settings using your credentials. Later, you can provide the website URL (and keywords) that you want to block.
After following these solutions, you will definitely be able to block websites on the iPhone without any hassle. However, FamiSafe provides the best way to block sites on the iPhone and comes with many amazing features. A highly useful parental control and monitoring tool, it will certainly come in handy on many occasions. To find out more about its features, feel free to create your FamiSafe account. In how to restrict websites on iphone.
Also check make your cell phone faster.
FAQ(how to restrict websites on iphone)
What is Restricted Mode on iPhone?
Restricted Mode is an optional setting you can use on YouTube to help screen out potentially mature content that you may not like to watch or do not want others using your device to see. Iphone and ipad androidcomputer.
How do I block all websites except the one in Chrome?
You have to right-click on the Chrome shortcut on your desktop, taskbar or start menu, then choose Properties. After that, add the parameter to the end of the written target list, with space in between. Now, click OK to apply the settings.
How do I turn off Restricted Mode on my iPhone?
Step 1: Go to “Settings” on your iPhone. Step 2: Navigate to “General”> “Restrictions”. Step 3: Scroll down and find “Disable Restrictions” and then tap it. You will be asked to enter a screen time passcode to disable Restricted Mode on your iPhone.
Can I remotely lock my child’s iPhone?
While the iPhone has a native restriction feature, it cannot remotely lock a device. Therefore, experts recommend using the third-party parental lock iPhone app to serve the same purpose.
This is all about how to restrict websites on iphone. Thanks for reading.