Spotify Premium offers a wide range of features to its users.If you have subscribed to a premium membership, then you are definitely enjoying all the benefits, however, did you know that you can connect multiple devices to your premium account? Yes you can. Here is how to remove a device from Spotify.
For example, you can connect to a speaker. Also, you can connect it to your girlfriend’s laptop or phone using the same login credential. However, if you want to remove a device after a particular event, how can you do so. This is the article in which we will answer this question.
How to remove a device from Spotify?
Keep in mind that there are many ways to remove a device from Spotify. You can do this using your desktop computer that has Windows or any other operating system installed or is using a mobile app on an iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
Let’s first talk about using a desktop computer to remove devices from a Spotify account. When you use a laptop or computer, you can forget the devices that you have connected to your Spotify account. In this way, other people can easily misuse your account. To remove devices on a PC or Mac, you must follow the steps below. Follow the steps for how to remove a device from Spotify.
- First open the Spotify website or app using your PC or Mac.
- Click the “down” arrow icon at the top-right of the application. It usually appears next to the username.
- Now, select “Account” in the drop-down menu. The drop-down menu will show you a list of buttons. So, you need to click on the “Account” button.
- After that the browser (Chrome, Firefox, or any other) will open the “Account Overview” page.
- Here, you need to scroll down and come to the bottom of the page.
- Now, select “Sign out everywhere” to remove all devices currently associated with the Spotify account.
How to remove a device from Spotify using Android app?
To remove devices that use the app, you must follow the steps below.
- Open your Android phone.
- Open the Spotify app.
- Choose the “gear” icon on the home menu.
- It is usually in the upper right corner.
- Access Spotify Settings.
- Here, choose the device from the list shown on the menu.
- At the top, choose the “Device menu” associated with the account.
- Scroll down to find the name of the device you want to remove.
- To remove it, tap on the icon to the right of the device name.
- A menu that pops up from the bottom of the screen will show you that the device has been removed from the Spotify account.
How to remove a device from Spotify using iPhone?
Here are the steps you need to follow to remove devices from Spotify using the iPhone. The process is the same for the iPhone and iPad.
- First, open Spotify on your iPad or iPhone which is on the iPhone’s home screen. You can also find the Spotify icon in the app folder.
- After opening it, you have to go to the bottom and tap “Your Library”.
- If it doesn’t let you navigate through the settings, tap it twice.
- In the top right you will see a gear icon in white. Tap on it.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Then, tap on Devices on the menu.
- Slide to view local device. Remove the device.
Also read How to cool down laptop.
Many people use Spotify. If you have a premium account and your friend asks you to enable your device on Spotify and you do it, but then you forget to remove it, you can either of these ways to remove your device Can follow the steps of The choice is yours to follow any of the above methods. So this is all about how to remove a device from Spotify.
FAQ(How to remove a device from Spotify)
Can Spotify be hacked?
Our platform and user records are completely secure, but sometimes violations of other services mean that someone else can log into your Spotify account. Look for: emails about logins you don’t recognize.
How can I tell if someone else is using my Spotify?
To find out if someone is using your Spotify account is even easier. To do this, all you need to do is access the ‘Recently Listened’ section, which is available in both the app and desktop versions, and check the latest songs played from your account.
Does Spotify spy on you?
Virtually every free digital app is spying on you and sharing that data with third parties. This includes the music streaming service Spotify. When you sign up for Spotify from a web browser, you are encouraged to sign up using your Facebook login so that they can link your account to your profile.
Is it illegal to use Spotify ++?
Technically it is illegal, yes. You are using something that provides you with premium features that would otherwise cost you money. This is not something you get into trouble with, or get caught using. The worst case scenario is that Spotify will delete your account.